Finance Managerat Movable Ink (View all jobs)Remote
The Finance Manager will improve the reliability, timeliness, and relevance of our financial reporting, analysis, and forecasting. You will drive decisions about financial models, business processes and technology, and team resourcing, which will support our senior leadership team in strategic and operational planning. This is an opportunity to join (and build!) a startup team within an accelerating company that has already achieved major milestones, including crossing $100 million in ARR and completing our first acquisition!
The Finance Manager will report to the Senior Director of FP&A and have regular exposure to cross-functional senior leadership. You will also be responsible for hiring and/or managing additional members of the Finance team as we scale.
- Drive our long-range planning, budgeting, rolling forecast, and variance analysis processes
- Own our 3-statement financial forecast in Workday Adaptive Planning and develop financial and operational models in Adaptive. Example 1: balance sheet and cash flow forecast integrated with Accounting and Procurement processes. Example 2: cost of revenue forecast in partnership with our Analytics and Engineering teams
- Act as business partner and “analytical arm” to senior leadership in the Engineering, Product, People, and Operations teams, providing budget guidance, performance reporting, and decision support
- Coordinate reporting to our board and investors (quarterly board presentations, monthly KPI reports, ad hoc analysis) and across the company (OKRs, town hall meetings), and provide analysis to contextualize performance
- Develop our Finance team’s best practices, including around scaling systems and processes, while cultivating cross-functional partnerships (e.g. with Accounting, Treasury, Finance Operations, Procurement, and People) that will enable us to operate smoothly as a public company
- 4+ years of experience in FP&A, corporate finance, or strategic finance; previous SaaS or startup experience a plus
- Advanced financial and operational modeling skills in Excel or Google Sheets; able to analyze large, disparate datasets from multiple financial and operational source systems. Experience working with Workday Adaptive Planning and Tableau a plus
- Previous experience as a “business partner” – presenting persuasively and effectively through writing, spreadsheet exhibits, or presentations (e.g. Powerpoint or Google Slides)
- Previous experience managing projects – navigating ambiguity; prioritizing and setting timelines on deliverables; coordinating with cross-functional stakeholders
- Previous experience managing, mentoring, and/or coaching employees; interested in building up the Movable Ink Finance team and shaping the “why”, “what”, and “how” of our work